I kicked it off bathing from a bucket on the deck of a hand-made sailboat, floating off the coast of Cuba, bound for Panama. This was followed by a few days of sunshine and dancing in Jamaica. And then...
- a month in Panama visiting old friends and making new ones in the indigenous Embera village of the Darien rainforest.
- a return to the US where I swore an oath to the Queen and gained my British
- a few nights hanging out with my favourite band (The Cat Empire)
- a move back to Ohio - time spent with family
- a spiritual healing workshop in San Diego
- 5 days of dancing at New Orleans Jazz Fest with the infamous ethnobotanist (and one of my heros) Dr. Mark Plotkin
- 6 weeks in Bahia, Brasil, where I fell in love many times over
- a move to San Francisco, where I seem to fall in love at least once a week (be it with people, places, sunsets, or everyday moments)
- and, perhaps most importantly, I discovered my incredible ability to manifest (see above for examples)
Wow. I'm not sure if I can top last year - at least not in the amount of experiences. I think, though, that 2008 will herald new, intimate (if slower) experiences.
Resolutions I don't do. So here are a few goals of mine for the coming year. If I accomplish a few of them, learn a lot, and have fun in the process, I'll be satisfied.
- Learn Spanish and Portugues (to the extent I can understand and converse)
- Buy a motorcycle and learn motorcycle maintenance
- Finish writing my children's story (and submit for publishing!)
- Establish a strong foundation for TE KORU - get it up and running!
And....(on a more personal note):
- Pay off and tear up my credit cards!
- Travel. Again. (But that's a give-in really, isn't it?)
- Meditate regularly
- Dance and/or hike regularly
- * Live knowing I have enough, I do enough, I am enough. *
Hmm. Those all seem quite do-able.
On that note -
Let the games begin!
--> wishing you all an amazing journey through 2008 as well. Enjoy it!
Technorati Tags: new year, goals, 2007
Powered by ScribeFire.